The salt air. The smell of beach plums in the sun. The thwack of screen doors. Join us for a week of getting away to summery places near and far.
- The Kugel Gips House in Wellfleet, Massachusetts, designed in 1970 by Charlie Zehnder, restored by the Cape Cod Modern House Trust–and available as a summer rental. Get the details in The Pond-Front Vacation House.
- Julie visits the Old Homestead, a newly revived guesthouse in Provincetown, Massachusetts, in today’s Hotels & Lodging post.
- Just what you need? On Tuesday, we present our favorite Summer Tabletop finds–all under $25.
- The latest in our Prefab House series: This artfully designed pod for two arrives on site in a flatpack.
- Dark, handsome, and low maintenance. In Remodeling 101 we explore soapstone, one of our all-time favorite countertop materials. And watch for soapstone counters (plus an Etsy-sourced work island) in our Kitchen of the Week.
- On Friday, Margot rounds up what’s often the nicest room in the house: the guest Bedroom. Also on Friday, Meredith presents well-priced, high-end Bedding from a group of online upstarts (and to complete the picture, check out her post on the New Mattress Disruptor Companies).