Summer’s riot of color is inspiring us to look beyond black and white. Join us for a weeklong dip into the world of ornament.
- Looking to add some color and pattern in your life? Tiles are a good place to start.
- Patchwork in the home needn’t be confined to quilts. In today’s DIY & Remodeling roundup, Sarah presents the eye-opening possibilities of mixing tiles.
- Looking for a low-commitment way to inject some life into a room? In Tuesday’s Accessories post, Margot presents a design duo’s reinvented classic games.
- Woven in Colombia, a new line of carpeting made from a surprise trio: hardwearing jute, leather, and horsehair. They’re the creation of one of our favorite global workshops; watch for Wednesday’s Rugs post.
- Louis XVI would approve: In Remodeling 101, Janet presents a wooden floor pattern primer that goes beyond the basics.
- Overhauled by an American designer who divides his time between New York City and Marrakech, this courtyard house in the Medina is Friday’s Designer Visit. Good news: It’s available for rent.