We’re all about NYC right now in anticipation of the first Remodelista Market of the year—at Canvas Home in Chelsea, March 12-13 (that’s this weekend; if you’re in the area, please join us). This week we’ll be spotlighting inventive approaches to urban living, taking design lessons from Donald Judd in SoHo, and offering a look at what some of our market vendors will be showing.
- In today’s House Call, Sarah visits a NoHo loft by Matt Bear, whose clients applaud him for “easily crossing the divide between architect and master craftsman.”
- Tuesday’s Remodelista Market NYC spotlight features Studio Bartelby, a member of the Remodelista Architect/Designer Directory—and maker of refined everyday goods, from sculptural pillows to go-anywhere aprons.
- A preview from the forthcoming book Brooklyn Interiors: a look at how the owner of cult boutique A Détacher lives. Watch for Required Reading.
- Find your fork and knife. This week’s 10 Easy Pieces is devoted to new artisan-designed flatware.
- Ready for a kitchen upgrade? In 5 Favorites Julie presents the best backsplash hacks, plywood pegs included. Also on Thursday, stay tuned for our Kitchen of the Week: a tiny (but ingenious) space for one of the world’s biggest celebs.
- Justine will be presenting our final Remodelista Market NYC preview on Friday. Shown here, Thompson Street Studio’s one-of-a-kind vessels. (Peruse more market enticements here and here.) We hope to see you at Canvas Home in Chelsea this Saturday and Sunday.