We’re all about NYC right now in anticipation of the first Remodelista Market of the year—at Canvas Home in Chelsea, March 12-13 (that’s this weekend; if you’re in the area, please join us). This week we’ll be spotlighting inventive approaches to urban living, taking design lessons from Donald Judd in SoHo, and offering a look at what some of our market vendors will be showing.
- In today’s House Call, Sarah visits a NoHo loft by Matt Bear, whose clients applaud him for “easily crossing the divide between architect and master craftsman.”
- Tuesday’s Remodelista Market NYC spotlight features Studio Bartelby, a member of the Remodelista Architect/Designer Directory—and maker of refined everyday goods, from sculptural pillows to go-anywhere aprons.
- A preview from the forthcoming book Brooklyn Interiors: a look at how the owner of cult boutique A Détacher lives. Watch for Required Reading.
- Find your fork and knife. This week’s 10 Easy Pieces is devoted to new artisan-designed flatware.
- Ready for a kitchen upgrade? In 5 Favorites Julie presents the best backsplash hacks, plywood pegs included. Also on Thursday, stay tuned for our Kitchen of the Week: a tiny (but ingenious) space for one of the world’s biggest celebs.
- Justine will be presenting our final Remodelista Market NYC preview on Friday. Shown here, Thompson Street Studio’s one-of-a-kind vessels. (Peruse more market enticements here and here.) We hope to see you at Canvas Home in Chelsea this Saturday and Sunday.
You need to login or register to view and manage your bookmarks.
Have a Question or Comment About This Post?Join the conversation