Our kitchens, like our favorite meals, tend to be a mix of subtle influences borrowed from places near and far. This week, we’re focusing on a different country or region each day (first up, Scandinavia), and presenting standout kitchen designs and accessories.
- Stucco meets steel in architect Theodore Zouboulakis’s Holiday House on the Greek Island of Hydra. Photograph courtesy of Zouboulakis Architects.
- Not all of us can have the Scandi kitchen of our dreams, but well-made Nordic tools and accessories are easily attainable–and life enhancing. In today’s Kitchen Accessories post, Julie presents 11 examples that we swear by.
- The English kitchen is the standard bearer of timelessness and warmth. In Tuesday’s Kitchen Design post, we show you 10 favorites, from the classic to the game changing.
- France’s oldest and most esteemed hardware store? It’s in Marseille; discover it in Shopper’s Diary.
- Attention fans of Jersey Ice Cream Co. and Local Milk blog: This Thursday we’ll be unveiling Beth Kirby’s new kitchen in North Chattanooga, Tennessee (watch for our Reader Rehab). And see Justine’s Dream Kitchen for Under $3,000 by the Jersey Ice Cream Co.
- We’re ending the week with a salute to the Italian kitchen, from ranges designed like race cars to an easy DIY pasta drying rack. To get inspired, read about Meredith’s adventures making Colorful Fresh Linguine on Gardenista, where they’re celebrating the Harvest Moon.