We’re a far-flung team here at Remodelista, but at this time of year, we’re all ready to relocate to California. You, too? Join us as we head out West this week to look at new design, miraculous transformations, and the myriad ways to channel that enviable laid-back look.
- The coolest new place to stay in LA? Julie leads the way through the just-opened Hotel Covell’s golden door in today’s Lodging post.
- In Tuesday’s Object Lesson, Megan fills us in on the story behind one of California’s greatest hits. Stay tuned to find out how director Billy Wilder had a hand in the design of the Eames lounge.
- Handmade black-and-white-patterned tile is back in a big way. Meredith rounds up standout sources in this week’s 10 Easy Pieces. (And if you’re thinking of tile for your backsplash, take a look at Remodeling 101: 5 Questions to Ask When Choosing a Backsplash.)
- Living large, Sonoma-style: In Thursday’s Architect/Designer Visit, we explore a new wine country ranch by ARC architecture and Jute design.
- Stay tuned for eye-opening Before and After shots of this LA kitchen newly overhauled by Project M+. (And take a look at An LA Cliffhanger by Project M+.)