This week, we celebrated the launch of Remodelista: A Manual for the Considered Home and kicked off a series of book events and markets—we hope you’ll be joining us! Oh, and did we mention we made Amazon’s Best 100 Books of 2013 list?
Read on for a look at what’s inspiring us right now (and scroll down if you’re interested in winning a $4,000 vintage Ben Ouarain carpet). Happy weekend!
- Boston readers take note: Julie will be signing books today, from 11:00am-1:00pm, at West Elm on 160 Brookline Avenue in Kenmore Square. Francesca, Justine, and Margot will be there, too. Next stop: Toronto. Here’s a calendar of our events, including book signings and design discussions from coast to coast, plus our holiday markets in NYC, LA, and SF.
- The start of winter weather has inspired us to spend this week focusing on the bedroom: down comforters, convertible beds, the ultimate pajamas, and more.
- From Yatzer: A photographer’s gratitude for Mark Rothko.
- Our friends Tara and Percy of Jersey Ice Cream Co. are headed west in search of new renovation projects. Here, they’re in their Miracle in the Catskills Home.
- It’s time to start thinking about Thanksgiving. We’re following Southern Living’s instructions on how to season cast iron skillets.
- Christine is admiring the herringbone floor pattern in this bedroom. Do you know the difference between chevron and herringbone? Via Expensive Life.
- Stacey is intrigued by this idea: an unconventional glass house from Sou Fujiomoto Architects via Yatzer.
- If you are in or near Seattle, check out our friends at Grain who are taking over a storefront on Bainbridge Island for most of November. We like their nautical inspired mirrors.
- Sarah is looking forward to checking out Pippa Small in San Francisco this weekend at Erica Tanov and at st/Co. Next, Sarah is heading east for the first Remodelista Market in New York, November 21-23–mark your calendar.
- Finally, our friends at Sweeten are offering a giveaway worth $4,000 (you could win a vintage Ben Ouarain carpet from Brueckelen Berber plus a copy of Remodelista: A Manual for the Considered Home and a copy of Design Brooklyn: Renovation, Restoration, Innovation, Industry). Enter here. Good luck!
Looking for more interiors inspiration? Check out our most recent posts.