With Thanksgiving under our belts, we’re settling into winter–and devoting next week to DIY seasonal decor, modern menorahs, and getting a jump start on holiday gifts. In the meantime, take a look at what’s piquing our interest right now.
- From birch bark and berries to buttons and newsprints, we like these 24 DIY wreath ideas via Country Living. For more projects, see DIY: Simple Advent Wreaths Made from Foraged Flora.
- Get pinning: create a holiday decor pinboard for a chance to win a $500 gift card from Domino Magazine (entries due December 4).
- Danish designer Mette Schelde pares back cooking essentials with her indoor/outdoor A Kitchen design, a kitchen trio consisting of a “block station” for food prep, a gas-powered “fire station” for cooking, and a “water station” for cleanup.
- LA-based Bread Studio is hosting a holiday sale on, Saturday, November 30th, at 3355 Wilshire, 1202B in the Gaylord Building. For more details, visit Bread.
- Next vacation: Stay in an underwater room off Pemba Island in Tanzania, via Yatzer.
- Alexa is admiring this genius built-in storage bed frame featured on Coco Lapine.
- Colombian atelier Hechizoo’s enchanting textiles, exotic fibers, and vibrant colors now on display at Cristina Grajales Gallery in NYC, via Architectural Digest.
- Christine has been contemplating a quick trip to Dublin to shop at the Makers & Brothers‘ Tiny Department Store–open until Christmas. Watch the shop come together in Makers & Brothers & Others | The Film.
- Once you’ve properly stored your Thanksgiving leftovers, it’s time to get creative with these 12 turkey sandwich recipes via Real Simple.
Book Events & Markets
Remodelista in Los Angeles: Join Julie and Sarah this Wednesday, December 4, from 6:30-8:30 pm, at Anthropologie in Glendale (519 Americana Way), where they’ll be discussing home design and signing books. And on Saturday, December 7, the Remodelista Holiday Market returns to Big Daddy’s Antiques from 10 am to 5 pm (3334 South La Cienega Place). Hope to see you there!
Thanks to all who dropped by our first ever Remodelista Holiday Market in NYC (scenes from our opening night party, above).
Julie signed copies of Remodelista: A Manual for the Considered Home at a recent book fete in Mill Valley, CA, hosted by Stephen Gordon (the founder of Restoration Hardware) at his new venture, Guideboat.
For more, head to our most recent posts.
Have a Question or Comment About This Post?Join the conversation