Here’s a look at what we’ve been inspired by this week.
- Enter to win (and wake up happy) now through May 19.
- While in Washington, DC, last weekend, Julie swung by the William Slayton House, one of only three houses designed by I. M. Pei (the others are in Dallas and Katonah, New York).
- Genius hacks for painting.
- Since her move back to LA, Stacey has been reading up on SoCal architecture.
- Speaking of LA, mark your calendars.
- A newly minted member of SFMOMA, Meredith is admiring the works of Anselm Kiefer and the hybrid spiderwebs of Tomás Saraceno.
- The plates of Paris.
- In appreciation of envelopes and spools of thread: Annie is following @pilostudio.
- A clever laundry hack, courtesy of a reader comment on Expert Advice: Editors’ Top 23 Cleaning Tips: “We use vodka for spot cleaning and to freshen up clothing … when you need to wear it and haven’t taken it to the dry cleaners yet.”
- On Margot’s list: a painter’s home turned museum in the Catskills.
Share your design finds with us by tagging #RMfinds on Instagram. And for more, see our posts: