From Minnesota modernism to a redesigned cast iron skillet, here’s a look at what’s inspiring us this week:
- The home of Beirut gallery owner Nicolas Bellavance-Lecompte marries modern design and Middle Eastern techniques.
- In defense of Brutalism.
- When it comes to home decor, what are America’s true colors?
- Our friend Jenni Kayne created a Domino-inspired shop-in-shop in her LA store.
- A lighter, smoother cast iron skillet.
- Before & after: the Able Seedhouse & Brewery.
- A net-zero home that “plays for team modern.” Photograph by Kat Alves.
- And if you’re looking to build a zero-energy home, here are 10 ideas.
- Eight entryway benches for less than $200.
- An inside look at AVO designer Brit Kleinman’s leather-dying process. Photograph by Genevieve Garruppo.
- To read: Minnesota’s Modern Love.
- Over on Gardenista: Dandelion Bruschetta.
- We love the pared-down interiors highlighted in Lake August’s Elemental board.
For more Remodelista, visit our latest issue: Tropicana.