We’re in cooking mode (our upcoming theme next week is the modern kitchen). We’ve been cracking open our cook books (and iPads) and trying out recipes from some favorites, including Vegetable Literacy by Deborah Madison and Nigel Slater’s classic, The Kitchen Diaries. Alexa’s shopping the local markets in Paris. Here’s a roundup of what’s piquing our interest this week.
- Julie recently discovered the Marshmallowists, a pop-up shop on West London’s Portobello Road offering flavors like Blackcurrant & Mint, Raspberry & Champagne, and Pear & Elderflower.
- Admiring the Comme des Garcons Fluo Wallets at the Conran Shop.
- Christine’s wondering which Architect her dog looks like.
- Stacey is pondering what to read next: Michael Pollan’s Cooked or Julia Reed’s But Mama Always Put Vodka in Her Sangria!? Suggestions welcome.
- Sarah’s proposing Overdressed: The Shockingly High Cost of Cheap Fashion. Think of it as encouraging a slow food approach to fashion (and not before time).
- We’re perusing Imogene + Willie’s new line of home goods.
- The power of Instagram: check out this upcoming global exhibit.
- And be sure to follow Alexa on Instagram to see what she’s up to in Paris.
For more, head to our most recent posts.
Have a Question or Comment About This Post?Join the conversation