With summer almost here, we have travel on our minds. Here’s a look at the places and things, near and far, that have us inspired this week.
- The Remodelista Considered Design Awards are now open for your submissions! Enter now.
- Margot is browsing the offerings of Plans Matter, a Minneapolis-based vacation rentals site run by two architects, with a few properties via the Cape Cod Modern House Trust.
- Montauk getaway: Stacey is noting the new Hero Beach Club, layered rugs included.
- A new wallet-friendly bedsheet company.
- 10 essentials for the laundry room.
- Speaking of laundry: Making its debut in Japan is Laundroid, a robot that folds your clothes for you, as reported in the New York Times. “Soon there may be no more piles to fold,” Margot says.
- The 5 best food towns in America.
- A Brooklyn restaurant in millennial pink—no photos allowed.
- Glamping in Times Square? The soon-to-open Moxy Hotel makes clever use of small rooms, camp-style.
- Reader Stephanie clued us in to an essential oils hack: “I tie a hanky (or soft cotton cloth) around one of the rungs of my heated towel rail, sprinkle on a few drops of my favorite essential oil (currently neroli and rose geranium), and it will not only scent the bathroom but also waft throughout the rest of the house. Also, when I go to wash the hanky/cloth in the washing machine, it scents the whole wash too! It’s a winner.”
- Now open.
- On our wish list.
Admiring a space or a design product? Share it with us via Instagram using the hashtag #RMFinds.
For more of our recent finds, visit our posts:
- Handmade Homewares from Lusitano 1143
- Hotels & Lodging: Casa Bonay in Barcelona
- A Family House in Port Restores, Traditional Tile Included