Here’s what we’ve had our eye on this week.
- Meredith is headed to Portugal’s Lisbon and Porto, and Spain’s Granada, Seville, and Barcelona (where she’s staying at a hotel above a bakery). Have any design-minded recommendations? Do tell; leave them in the Comments section.
- Julie is eyeing a new exhibit at our favorite Toronto shop, Mjölk: “Mami Hasegawa: Dialogues in Silver,” opening in July.
- Whenever Erica Tanov veers from fashion, we follow—for California-infused color and pattern inspiration. Now noting her new collection with a California craftsman.
- A house designed around maximum sunlight.
- In celebration of Frank Lloyd Wright’s 150th birthday, Margot is heading to this show of Wright-disciple Kaneji Domoto’s work in New York. (Look familiar? Domoto designed the house featured in Elle Fanning’s latest movie.)
- Get ready for the next heat wave: how to clean your air conditioner.
- Annie is coveting this pastry brush, perfect for making a perfectly imperfect summer berry pie.
- Top post of the week: the plastic-free pantry.
Have a design tip-off for us? Let us know in the Comments.
For more of what we’re admiring this month, see: