Here’s a roundup of what’s piquing our interest this week:
- Spotted: A pair of Tove Adman Concrete Candlesticks in a home designed by Swedish real estate agency Fantastic Frank from Yatzer.
- Julie has found the world’s best coffee cup.
- Lately on Pinterest: Julie has been fixated on fixtures, Christine seeks inspiration from Morandi, Sarah has been checking out Marni menswear; Michelle wants to press flowers; more to come next week.
- Dwell asks Danish designer Cecile Manz her thoughts on Fritz Hansen, color palettes, and women in design.
- Sarah’s reading the latest copy of Kinfolk.
- On the heels of our Portland(s) week issue, we are perusing the offerings at Portland’s Own, a site offering locally made goods from OR.
- Alexa’s been perusing the pages of EGMV on Tumblr.
- Checking out Official Mfg. Co.’s work on the Canvas Lands End Catalog.
- Julie is touring David Salle’s Fort Greene urban artist’s compound, currently on the market and on view at the NY Times.
- Christine is gathering her notes from London Design Week. See some of her favorites: Tree-Inspired Coat Racks, Transformative Curtains from Scandinavia, and Herbivore Planter by Jody Leach.
- Meanwhile on Gardenista: Turning indoors to take a look at healthy houseplants. Photograph via Emma’s Design Blogg from Gardenista’s Houseplants Board on Pinterest.
- Michelle went to the Cindy Sherman exhibit at SFMoMA with some friends; afterward they all vowed never to have plastic surgery (and to start wearing hats).
- Janet’s following the investigation into why the bees of the Alsace region of France are mysteriously producing blue and green honey.
You need to login or register to view and manage your bookmarks.
Have a Question or Comment About This Post?Join the conversation