Of note this weekend: a slew of goings-on around NYC and more. Read on:
- Going on today, Dec. 3: the first weekend of TRNK’s holiday shop, hosted by American and Jamaican design duo Ashley Cimone and Moya Annence of accessories co. ASHYA. Stop by 18 Jay Street, NYC, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. (the holiday shop will also be open Dec. 10 and 17).
- Margot is admiring Frama’s new Bracket series, designed with Copenhagen-based design studio Frederik Gustav: “It’s good-looking, simple, and stacking,” she says.
- Admiring Leanne Shapton’s wildflower paintings, on view at Picture Room.
- Remodelista favorite Makié is hosting a pop-up with ceramicists Isabel Rower and Maria Robledo, today and tomorrow (Dec. 3 and 4) at 109 Thompson Street, NYC.
- And Julie is noting Elizabeth Roberts’ new collection of appealingly fringed Parlor Rugs for Radnor; take a look.
- Stenciled wood floors: yay or nay? Soledad O’Brien weighs in. (We posted on the trick way, way back in 2014; take a look.)
And, ’tis the season for sample sales. Three we’re noting this weekend (masks appreciated at all three) :
- Shop samples, slightly imperfect wares, and overstock at Mia + Finn’s sample sale at 72 Mother Gaston Blvd in Brooklyn, today, Dec. 3, from 12-4 p.m. (It’s BYOB—meaning bring your own bag.)
- Same time, same place: Auntie Oti’s sample sale is also happening at 72 Mother Gaston Blvd, today (Dec. 3) from 12-4 p.m.
- And Meg Cohen Design is hosting a winter sample sale from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. today at 1133 Broadway (between 25th and 26th Streets), Suite 819, NYC, plus a small selection online, too. (“Meg makes the best cashmere scarves and winter woolens,” Margot reports. “I have a Meg Cohen wardrobe—I wear her scarves indoors and out.”)