It’s that time: parties, holiday markets, and year-end sales. Read on to see what’s inspiring us this weekend.
Above: Annie is admiring the notes of cobalt and gold in this subtly festive (but suitable year-round) fabric bunting from Etsy seller LovelyHomeIdea.
- 20 questions for a sought-after tastemaker.
- New York readers: Our friend Jeffrey of J.M. Generals is participating in a holiday pop-up in Manhattan; December 8th through 11th at 154 Orchard St. They’ll be showcasing their cashmere throws and textiles, home goods and apothecary items.
- No room for a holiday tree? Consider these DIY alternatives.
- Inside the apartment of “New York’s foremost champion of American design.”
- Visiting LA? Follow the guide of one of our favorite Hollywood directors.
- Here is a daring example of adaptive reuse.
Above: Justine will be scoping out the annual Henry Street Winter Ceramics Sale this Thursday, December 8 and Friday, December 9, from 12pm to 7:30pm at Prop Workshop in Manhattan (1239 Broadway, 14th Floor). More than 400 pieces including platters, bowls, salt cellars, teacups, pitchers & more will be on sale.
- An interior stylist lends her secret to breathing new life into older homewares.
- For the eco-conscious kitchen: three keys to a well-stocked and sustainable pantry.
- We’re thrilled to have our new Gardenista book on this noble list.
- If you’re in or around Miami this weekend you may want to consider experiencing Design/Miami, running through tomorrow. The global forum runs in tandem with Art Basel and aims to provide a space for collaboration, exploration and celebration in the world of design.
Above: Our annual Remodelista Holiday Market in San Francisco at Heath Ceramics is just around the corner. Join us Saturday, December 10, from 10 am to 5 pm; and Sunday, December 11, from 10 am to 3 p.m. Gardenista editor in chief Michelle Slatalla will be signing copies of our new book, Gardenista: The Definitive Guide to Outdoor Spaces, the Del Popolo pizza truck will be parked outside and more than 50 local artisans will be displaying their wares including clockwise from top left Melanie Abrantes, Anaïse, Kiersten Crowley and Dagmar Daley.
- PDX readers: Join us for our Portland Market the following weekend, December 17 and 18, at Rejuvenation!
Instagram Obsession (and another weekend sale)
Above: Francesca will be perusing the Amanda Moffat Studio Sale today “to see what has emerged from her kiln recently.” Inspired by textile patterns and Parenisi etchings, Moffat’s handmade platters, mugs and vases are designed to be used daily. The sale will be held in her Brooklyn Studio 457 Degraw Street, between Hoyt and Bond 12-5pm today. If you can’t make the sale email Moffat directly. For more inspiration, follow our lead and get lost in her IG feed (@amandamoffatpottery).
Looking for more ideas from the best of the web? Read our posts that corral great stories, tips and ideas: