Here are a few of the worldly finds, spaces and places that have been inspiring us lately:
Above: On our Sydney list: Beta Bar, the recently opened eatery and cocktail lounge located in the city’s historic Hellenic Club. The moody, industrial interiors feature antique brickwork, grand arches, leather furnishings and brass finishes. Photo courtesy of Beta Bar.
- Traveling this winter? Consider this smart suitcase-come-travel companion.
- The interior’s of Noma owner Rene Redzepi’s new restaurant is a study in Space Copenhagen’s genius––with an industrial twist.
- Where we plan to eat, dine or stay in both London and Edinburgh.
- LA readers: Meet Benoit Astier de Villatte and Ivan Pericoli, the Parisians behind Astier de Villatte, on Thursday, December, 1st, from 5 to 8 pm at Nickey Kehoe. (7221 Beverly Blvd.). They’re in town to celebrate their new Paris city guide; Prosecco will be served, gift bags will be raffled, and valet will be gratis.
Above: We’re eyeing the sleek copper lines of this side table. Its removable tray makes it an ideal piece for holiday entertaining.
- Looking to paint your home in the new year? Here’s your 2017 color guide.
- Take a tour of designer Vincent Darré’s madcap home––before it all goes to auction.
- This brutalist structure has been declared “the best new building in the world.”
Above: Bay Area readers, we hope to see you soon. Please join us for our fifth annual SF Market, December 10 and 11, at Heath Ceramics. More than 50 local artisans will be showcasing their homewares, clothing, jewelry, organic botanicals, gourmet foodstuffs, and more.
- Ceramic magic: each of these hand-painted dinner plates is a mini-short film that tells a turn of the century story.
- In Gardenista news: Local Blooms, Delivered by a Charming NY Startup
Above: We’re longtime admirers of Tricia Rose’s Rough Linen collection and we’re thrilled to have her back at this year’s SF market (@roughlinen).
Looking for more haunts, inspirations and worldly finds? If so visit our posts:
- Maud & Mabel: Celebrating Artful Minimalism in Hampstead
- Current Obsessions: Renovations and Reinventions
- A Rustic Modern Kitchen in the Netherlands