This week our inspirations had us jetting across the globe from Tokyo to Helsinki, LA to Melbourne. Read on to see what piqued our interest.
- The recent renovation of the 1920s Highland Park Bowl in LA is a stunning example of historic preservation.
- A look inside a Hollywood set designer’s restored carriage house in Copenhagen.
- Enter to win $1,000 in custom framing from Framebridge.
- The case for never paying full price for furniture.
- The waterfront district of Asbury Park welcomes its first new hotel in 50 years.
- Over on Gardenista: A fern-filled forest in Australia.
- When photographer Alice Gao decorated her new Gramercy Park apartment, she made it distinctively her own by mixing jewel-toned colors, streamlined furniture and various plants.
- Inside one of LA’s “coolest stores.”
- Own your own Frank Lloyd Wright.
- Congratulations to our friend Heidi Swanson on her recent James Beard Award.
- The new book The Creative Workplace highlights creative agencies around the world, including the Singapore office of architecture firm Park + Associates. According to the New York Times, “at the highest point of the building, in the former library, the firm’s open, informal workspace is meant to foster creativity in a way typical offices cannot.”
- A rare look inside Prince’s Paisley Park estate.
Our Latest Instagram and Pinterest Obsessions
- Every bedroom found on Ashley Reese’s Sweet Dreams board offers comfortable style worth replicating.
For more Remodelista, visit our latest issue Clean Living.