In a few weeks, I’ll be moving into a newly-renovated rental house that comes completely devoid of window treatments; an interior that’s bare and naked to the street. It’s left me feeling vulnerable and a little stressed. The task: How to tastefully outfit 12 windows without breaking the bank. After all, I am only renting! The answer: simple white roller shades for a near-effortless option that feels unobtrusive and less committal than fabric curtains. For added privacy, without blacking out the room, here are our 10 favorite light-filtering roller shades in prices ranging from $15 to $300 plus each.
N.B.: For more about roller shades and installation see our post Remodeling 101: Simple Roller Shades.
For more on window treatments see our posts:
- Remodeling 101: Simple Roller Shades
- Remodeling 101: The Ins and Outs of Smart Window Shades
- Instant Curtains by the Genius Bouroullec Brothers
- DIY: Raw-Edge Linen Curtains, Budget Edition
- 5 Favorites: Belgian Linen Curtains
- Domestic Dispatches: 5 Ways to Cover 50 Windows on a Budget