Everyday flatware might be the most frequently used household item you will ever buy (who doesn’t remember the silverware of their childhood?). So it’s worth investing in flatware that will endure; if you can’t afford a full set, you can always build a collection setting by setting, as Catherine Bailey of Heath Ceramics suggests. Here are the Remodelista editors’ personal favorites.
N.B. This post is an update; the original story ran on November 9, 2011.
For more flatware options see our posts:
- 10 Easy Pieces: Italian-Designed Flatware
- 10 Easy Pieces: Traditional Georgian-Style Flatware
- 10 Easy Pieces: New Artisan Flatware Designs
- 10 Easy Pieces: German-Designed Flatware
- 10 Easy Pieces: Bistro-Style Stainless Flatware