When we launched Remodelista 15 years ago, it was almost impossible to source the hauntingly beautiful housewares of Japan. Things have improved dramatically; here are our top 20 online sources for Japanese design (some have brick-and-mortar stores as well).
N.B.: Featured photograph by Matthew Williams for Remodelista, with styling by Alexa Hotz, from Shop Owner Makié Yahagi’s Charm-Filled Loft in SoHo, New York.
Native & Co.
Tortoise General Store
Anzu New York
More of our favorite sources for kitchen accessories? Take a shopping trip around the world with us:
- 12 Made-in-France Kitchen Essentials for Francophiles Everywhere
- 14 Made-in-America Kitchen Classics
- 16 Favorite Accessories from the English Kitchen
- 11 Scandi Kitchen Essentials, High to Low
- 11 German-Made Precision Kitchen Tools
N.B. This post is an update; the original story ran on November 7, 2019, and has been updated with new images, products, links, and prices.
You need to login or register to view and manage your bookmarks.
Have a Question or Comment About This Post?Join the conversation