This Columbus Day weekend, for the fifth year running, NY designer and tastemaker Brad Ford is hosting his must-visit modern makers fair, Field + Supply, in Kingston, NY, at the spectacular Hutton Brickyards, located on the banks of the Hudson River. What to expect: offerings from a curated selection of artisans, live music, design workshops, children’s activities, a silent auction for a Blackcreek Mercantile dining table, food and drink booths, and book signings (we’ll be there, signing Remodelista and Gardenista books on Sunday). Hope to see you there!
Dates: October 5th to 7th
Venue: Hutton Brickyards, 200 North St., Kingston, NY.
Hours: Friday, from 2 to 6pm | Saturday, from 11am to 6 pm | Sunday, from 11 am to 5 pm.
Entry Passes: $15 per day or weekend pass for $30 (advance online day passes are $10; go to Field + Supply Tickets to order now).
Remodelista/Gardenista Book Signing
On Sunday, from 11 am to 12 pm, Decaso is hosting Julie Carlson and Margot Guralnick for a signing of our newest book, Remodelista: The Organized Home, as well as Remodelista: A Manual for the Considered Home and Gardenista: The Definitive Guide to Stylish Outdoor Spaces. The signing will take place in local booksellers’ Rough Draft tent; come join us!
New & Noteworthy Exhibitors:
- Another Country: UK makers of contemporary craft furniture, lighting, and accessories (founded by a Wallpaper magazine alum).
- Brian Persico: New on our radar, works by Catskills furniture maker Brian Persico (for more, see American Vernacular: Furniture with History, Handmade in the Catskills).
- Churncraft: We’re all obsessed at Remodelista with this reimagined vintage-style butter churner (for more, see our post on Churncraft: The Classic Butter Churn Updated).
- Custodian: World’s most beautiful brooms? We think so; see our post Object of Desire: Handmade Luxe Brooms from a Brooklyn Artist.
- Decaso: The elevated companion site to Chairish, offering antiques and high-end vintage items, is sponsoring a tent filled with a dozen dealers represented by Decaso; the display is curated by Brad Ford. See more at Decaso.
- East Fork Pottery: We call North Carolina pottery maker the “Heath of the East”; see our post A Ceramics and Kitchenware Company to Watch.
- Erica Moody Fine Metal: Maine-based professional metal fabricator and maker of kitchen ware and tools.
- Overgaard & Dyrman: A new contemporary furniture maker based in Denmark, Overgaard & Dyrman will be exhibiting in the Merida tent.
- Sawkille: Back this year, Remodelista favorite Sawkille will be displaying wares; to see the latest designs, go to American Invention: A First Look at Whimsical New Silhouettes from Sawkille Co. (well worth a visit: the company’s nearby Rhinebeck showroom).