Get some Hollywood glam with metallic planters and perennial grasses. This week, Gardenista celebrates California from the ground up.
- In this week’s Gardenista 100 guide, take a look at the Best Outdoor Furniture and Accessories of 2015. We have our eye on this duo from Serax.
- How often do you look at a leaf and wonder what tree it fell from? Or spot a mystery flower and wish you knew its name? Turns out there’s an app for that. Actually many of them. Learn the ones for you in Garden Tech.
- Tip No. 1 in 10 Ideas to Steal from California Gardens: “Design a landscape to take advantage of existing trees; they’ll block wind and provide shade better than any other solution you can devise.” And for Michelle’s wisdom about the many ways to use hardy, romantic-looking perennial grasses, go to Leaves of Grass.
- “Black is a color to take seriously,” writes Michelle. “It adds color and depth, and if you paint a house black, you send a message that you’re not afraid to be noticed.” Black also shows off greenery exceptionally well, but dark paint has a few downsides. Find out in Pros and Cons of Painting a House Black.
- You can now flip through Gardenista as if it were a glossy magazine: Take a look at the new Gardenista-Curated Collections on Flipboard.