Here at Remodelista we’re minimalists with beating hearts: we gravitate to design that’s uncluttered yet inviting, clean-lined but tactile, and above all livable and life-enhancing. You, too? Join us this week as we return to our roots with a celebration of red-blooded minimalism.
- Sarah’s Refined Rental in Saint Helena, CA, epitomizes the look that we love.
- This week’s Architect Visit spotlights Atelier ChanChan’s Herringbone House, an artful new build situated on a wedge-shaped odd lot in Islington, London. (And did you see our recent spotlight on a 290-Square Foot Shape-Shifting Studio Apartment that works as both home and office?)
- On Tuesday, our resident Appliances expert, Janet Hall, will be presenting the latest dishwasher drawers. Her post is a companion to last week’s Remodeling 101 on How to Pick a Dishwasher.
- On Wednesday, we take a tour of the East Bay’s star literary couple. Photo by Aya Brackett. (And speaking of stylish stars, did you see our recent Rehab Diary on Amanda Pays and Corbin Bernsen’s English-Style Laundry Room?)
- Alexa shows us 10 easy DIY projects using leather. Feeling handy? We’ve got a big archive of Fast and Easy DIY Projects worth perusing.
- Meredith rounds up some of our favorite projects from the Remodelista Architect/Designer Directory featuring warm wood. Shown above, a duplex remodel by Elizabeth Roberts.