A fresh start, no resolutions required. We’re celebrating the new season with a salute to light-filled rooms, bright colors, inspiring new designs, and the satisfactions of cleaning. Here’s a preview.
N.B.: Table of Contents is a new Monday column to fill you in on what’s coming up every week on Remodelista. (If you’re a subscriber, note that our posts go up a day before they get emailed.)
- At the end of the day, you’ll find us in downtown LA at the Ace Hotel’s new rooftop lounge inventively built from concrete. Swimming optional.
- Go Big or Go Home–or so says Alexa, who is forecasting crazy color patterns ahead.
- It’s time to weed out the wardrobe, and perhaps consider a chic new freestanding clothes rack. This example, one of several Leigh will be presenting, is a simple built-it-yourself project.
- Actor/designers Amanda Pays and Corbin Bernsen have three boys and a lot of laundry–which is what inspired them to create their own British-style laundry room, ventilated shelving, included. Stay tuned for a full airing of the details.
- Alexa leads the way to the perfect Friday spot: a restaurant on the harbor in Reykjavik, Iceland, that takes a high-style approach to seaside design.