Whitewashed walls, cloud-free skies, olive branches, and a view of the Aegean–this week we’re looking to the Greek Isles for design inspiration. Put on your sunglasses.
- A modern take on taverna lighting, the terracotta pendant is having a renaissance. In our Favorites column, Izabella rounds up 10 standout examples. For all our favorite Ceramics, peruse our image gallery.
- In Tuesday’s House Call, we present the world’s tiniest spa bath–with a partially subterranean tub inspired by a design from ancient Crete.
- Are you open to faux foliage? We didn’t think we were–until Julie came clean and showed us the eternal olive branches on her kitchen shelf. In this week’s Design Sleuth she reveals her source for convincingly real fakes, Greek greenery edition.
- Have some drawers in need of a quick upgrade? On Thursday, check out Erin’s easy DIY Project: braided leather pulls. (And, in the meantime, have a look at some other Leather DIYs and Leather Cabinet Hardware.)
- This week’s Architect Visit takes us to the island of Serifos, in the Cyclades, for a tour of a cliffside villa with built-in furniture. For more beach house ideas, have a look at our Summer Bedroom and Summer House issues.