Modesty is a trait we can all get behind. Last week, we dreamed big (see our House Envy issue). This week, we’ve come back down to earth and are exploring the humble abode.
- Artisan Alessandra Taccia lives in a small rental near Cambridge, England, that’s filled with her quietly magical creations. We’ll be exploring her rooms today in House Call.
- Clear the counters and free up workspace. We’re calling it a trend–learn where to source your own (and see more of our Trend Alert predictions).
- Ikea’s latest collections are about to be unveiled. In Shopper’s Diary we’re offering an advance look at our favorites, including this $189 table and $9.99 lampshade.
- Kitchens these days have grown out of control, says Danish industrial designer Tobias Tostesen. To rein them in, he’s introduced a concept kitchen that’s not only compact but easy to disassemble, so that it can be used over and over. Meredith investigates in Wednesday’s Kitchen Design post.
- In this week’s Remodel & Renovation column, Julie presents a London apartment kitted out like a jigsaw puzzle.
- The owner of this Wyoming cabin kitchen got the counter of her dreams and kept within budget by staining wood to look like soapstone. (And she reports that even after use by her family of five, the results have held up extremely well.) Tour her design in Friday’s Kitchen post.