Meet the new minimalism with a British accent: timeless, tactile, and radiating human warmth (and discipline). This week, with spring cleaning on the to-do list, we’re celebrating the London look.
- In Monday’s Architect Visit, Christine leads us on a tour of the brick Herringbone House in London by Chan & Eayrs. Photograph via The Modern House.
- Later today, Alexa rounds up 13 Kitchen Designs that gracefully straddle the line between state-of-the-art and classically British.
- In 5 Favorites, Izabella presents variations of the minimalist pendant light of the moment.
- Artist/writer Edmund de Waal–author of the bestseller The Hare with Amber Eyes, a family memoir he describes as being “about memory and objects”–instructs on the art of considered display in this week’s Organization & Storage post.
- In Thursday’s House Call, Jane drops in on Rosa Park, editor of the travel and lifestyle magazine Cereal, at home in Bath.
- On Friday, we’re spotlighting the Bouroullec brothers’ textured Tiles, which we discovered in an exhibit at the V&A.