During my grad school years in Boulder, Colorado, two things kept me healthy and sane: hiking and meals with my friends Andy and Elaine. If weather allowed, we dined outdoors. Now that I live in urban LA, I often close my eyes and revisit those picnics. With spring (and al fresco dining) on the horizon, you’re probably daydreaming too. Enter our Pinterest contest by creating a pinboard of the perfect outdoor dining experience:
The winner will receive a set of four colorful Mini Planters from Wind & Willow Home.
My friends Andy and Elaine (who own a cycling tour company) honed the art of dining al fresco after living part-time in Tuscany for many years. Their essentials? Great wine, good company, a sturdy blanket (or a blue tarp, if Andy has his way), fresh vegetables—and did I mention great wine? Perfection.
What’s your perfect outdoor meal? Do you cook over campfire in the woods? Or do you sip champagne on a porch? From the food to the setting, we want you to take us there.
Here’s how to enter:
- Follow Gardenista on Pinterest.
- Create a pinboard called “Gardenista: The Perfect Outdoor Meal.”
- Pin at least 12 photos that capture the essence of your ideal outdoor dining experience, including products, location, and even the food. Include at least five images from Gardenista.
- After you complete your pinboard, link to it in the comment section below by 8 pm, PST, Sunday March 17.
- From among the qualifying entries, the Gardenista editors will choose and announce the winner whose board most inspires them.
For inspiration, visit our “The Perfect Outdoor Meal” pinboard.
Above: The winner’s prize: a set of wooden planters by Wind & Willow Home. Based in Minneapolis, the company was created by Araya, a wife, mother, and interior designer. The line offers simple, modern home wares inspired by “the classic lines of nature.” We think these planters would make perfect accoutrements for a springtime patio table setting.
If you love to live as much of life outdoors as possible, visit our posts on Outdoors and Gardens.