Our editors are readying their houses for snow this weekend; here’s what we’re reading, noting, and looking forward to.
Also: Our new subscription offering launches next week; we hope you’ll join us! Stay tuned.
- Happy Lunar New Year to all those celebrating; check in next week for Fan’s homage to the Year of the Tiger.
- Just launched: SSS Atelier by Remodelista favorite Sarah Sherman Samuel, featuring Sarah’s own plaster work, collaborations with makers, and more. We particularly like the vintage finds; have a browse here.
- A Paris restaurant’s quest to eliminate takeout containers: dinner delivered in a returnable (and attractive) tiffin tin (via T Magazine).
- London-based artist Laxmi Hussain (whose home and studio we featured in The Body in Blue) has a studio sale going on this weekend; browse her offerings here.
- Spotted this week: a simple but good-looking way to keep cords in line.
- Ben Ray, founder of Maine-based blanket company Evangeline Linens, on his inspiration (warming winter recipe included).
- 7 kitchen storage needs to think through before you remodel.
- An urban courtyard garden, before and after.
May we recommend:
- A special-edition Vipp by a Paris-based hotelier and street artist.
- Found: the ideal bath towels?
- And Alice Waters’ salad bowl, made of salvaged wood from Martha’s Vineyard.