We’re soaking up every last bit of summer with attic sales, pretty birdhouses, weekend getaways, and more. Read on:
- Our next weekend escape? Summery cottages, a bagel shop, and a Marni pop-up on Shelter Island.
- Today, August 20, stop by 109 Thompson Street in NYC for a summer sample sale by Makié, Alder and Co., and Atsuyo et Akiko, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- And tomorrow, August 21, stop by Manka’s attic sale at 95 Balmoral in Inverness, CA, going on from noon. Get more info and directions here.
- Currently coveting: a minimalist ceramic birdhouse.
- And Stan Editions’ Candl Stacks, colorful odorless candles that can be assembled, burned, and rebuilt in endless ways.
- A walk through a ceramicist’s playful and surreal outdoor gallery in Berkeley.
- Enamelware pitchers for watering plants (and all kinds of other uses).
- And heading (slowly) towards September, we’re taking notes from these surprisingly serene live-work spaces.