Ahead, 13 things we’re noting this mid-summer weekend:
- The beach bag of the summer? New offerings from In Casa by Paboy.
- And a new spot in Montauk.
- Evidently, the new Barbie movie takes its set-design cues from Verner Panton.
- Admiring an iconic Scandi design reproduced by a Japanese workshop.
- “I am searching for the soul of America through the spaces where its history has been made,” our friend Leslie Williamson writes of her next photographic project. To read more and get involved, head here (and see Leslie’s previous work, Still Lives: In the Homes of Artists, Great and Unsung, in Required Reading.)
- Now on: a summer sale at The Six Bells.
- MáLà Project, a favorite haunt of the Remodelista editors, is opening in Greenpoint, BK (with interiors by Love Is Enough).
- So long, lawns.
- Oyster plates we love.
- And easily assembled spare rooms.
- Currently coveting: painted planters by an RM favorite.
- Water features: yay or nay?
- And delft tiles, but make it cookies.
Frequently asked questions
What are some summer hits for home decor?
Some popular summer hits for home decor include outdoor rugs, colorful patio furniture, vibrant throw pillows, and lightweight curtains.
What are some trending colors for summer home decor?
Trending colors for summer home decor include shades of blue, such as aqua and navy, as well as vibrant hues like coral, yellow, and citrusy orange.
What are some must-have outdoor accessories for summer?
Must-have outdoor accessories for summer include outdoor speakers, string lights, fans or misters, and durable dinnerware for al fresco dining.
How can I create a breezy summer vibe indoors?
You can create a breezy summer vibe indoors by incorporating light-colored textiles, such as linen curtains or sheer drapes. Adding potted plants, using natural materials like rattan or wicker furniture, and hanging artwork featuring beach or nature themes also help in creating a summer ambiance.
What are some popular botanical prints for summer?
Popular botanical prints for summer include palm leaves, tropical flowers like hibiscus and birds of paradise, as well as leafy patterns like ferns and monstera leaves.
How can I freshen up my outdoor space for summer?
To freshen up your outdoor space for summer, try adding colorful outdoor cushions or updating your patio furniture with new vibrant paint. Incorporate potted plants or hanging baskets, and consider installing a hammock or swing for relaxation.