Here’s what the Remodelista editors are up to in Brooklyn and beyond this first official weekend of fall.
- The Remodelista editors (many of them residents of the neighborhood) are noting the inaugural Brooklyn Heights Designer Showhouse, opening this fall.
- New from Area Home: fringed alpaca throws in fall hues of almond, fig, poppy, and spice.
- This past week, Alexa caught Pina Bausch’s dance pieces, Café Müller and The Rite of Spring, performed by Tanztheater Wuppertal, the company Bausch founded, at BAM in Brooklyn. Read more in the New York Times.
- We’re big fans of Scout Regalia’s multipurpose metal wall hooks, so we were glad to hear they’re now available in two new colorways: matte black and matte white.
- NYC readers: Remodelista favorite Il Buco on Bond Street is hosting its annual Sagra del Maiale sidewalk pig roast tomorrow. It’s not too late to get tickets; info here.
- Meredith is reading The Art of the Bar Cart: Styling & Recipes by the blogger behind Craft & Cocktails, bar cart styling tips included.
- Justine tipped us off to two exhibits featuring ceramicist Yuko Nishikawa in Red Hook, Brooklyn, opening today—or drop by her studio tomorrow as part of Bushwick Open Studios. Details here.
- Counting down to this year’s Field & Supply.
- For the domestic scientist: 15 tips to keep your house smelling fresh and clean.
- Now trending: Our picks from Ikea’s 2018 Collection.
- Over on Gardenista: a weathered cottage channels the wildness of Thoreau’s Cape Cod.
- What’s your favorite detail of this Mill Valley living room (the original Remodelista headquarters)? Let us know in the Comments below.
Recently in Current Obsessions: