Admittedly, when it comes to design, we are a group of Anglophiles (and Scandophiles and Japanophiles), but more recently we’ve been excited by the way Eastern European countries have been joining the conversation, so that’s where we’re going this upcoming week. And for weekend inspiration, here’s what else has been catching our eye of late:
- On a recent stay in Berlin, Stacey was enthralled by Boros Sammlung, a former WWII bunker-turned-art space and loft owned by advertising executive Christian Boros. While the lower levels are only open by appointment, Freunde von Freuden offers this look at the Boros’ family loft.
- Did you catch Gardenista’s reader survey this week? You might win a $100 gift certificate to Terrain.
- We’re thinking about trying Heidi Swanson’s recipe for labneh–a silky spreadable yogurt that’s delicious on toast with jam or sprinkled with olive oil and herbs and served with pita bread.
- Going on now: YLighting’s biggest sale yet, featuring designs from more than 30 leading European and US brands at up to 20 percent off.
- Five home items that are worth splurging on via PopSugar Home.
- On the market: a lofty John Lautner home in Malibu via Architectural Digest.
- Makers rally: Read In Defense of Mason Jars via Country Living.
- It’s that time again: An Arsenal for the Pumpkin Carver.
Missed last week’s roundup of obsessions? See the post, Current Obsessions: Autumn Sonata.
You need to login or register to view and manage your bookmarks.
Have a Question or Comment About This Post?Join the conversation