These first days of November, the Remodelista editors are taking tea and noting events from London to the Headlands. Plus, enter to win a copy of our new book and our favorite storage essential. Here’s a look.
- Northeast readers, mark your calendars: Join Julie, Margot, and Michelle for cocktails and conversation at Terrain in Westport, Connecticut, on November 14 to celebrate our new book Remodelista: The Organized Home (read the Terrain profile of it here). See you there.
- New from Vipp (makers of utilitarian-chic trash cans): well-appointed Vipp Hotels, in the center of Copenhagen and the Swedish woods.
- We’re all downloading Vild Mad (“wild food”), a foraging app from renowned chef René Redzepi that illuminates how to “read the landscape and to discover its culinary potential.”
- Now in London: Architect Spencer Fung‘s thoughtful watercolors, inspired by (and made with) nature, on display this weekend at Art Rooms Four, Unit 12, Piccadilly Arcade (opposite the Royal Academy).
- Bay Area readers, stop by the Headlands Center for the Arts tomorrow, November 5, from 4 to 6 p.m. for the opening reception of the Fall Project Space Exhibitions (and maybe stay for dinner; tickets here).
- Two noteworthy charitable events, upcoming in San Francisco: Break the Cycle (in which San Francisco’s top designers will compete to design a bicycle, with proceeds benefit New Door Ventures; taking place November 9) and ChefsGiving Week (November 13-19, with a gala at the Ferry Building, with proceeds to benefit the victims of the fires in Northern California. Tickets and more information here.)
- Meredith recently stopped into the newest outpost of Wise Sons Jewish Deli in SF’s Hayes Valley neighborhood. “The babka is something I won’t soon forget,” she reports.
- Now trending: a shop owner and an architect’s renovated brownstone in Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn, smart storage included.
- We’re admiring the artfully plant-filled interiors of floral designer (and Gardenista contributor) Sophia Moreno-Bunge’s Santa Monica apartment, over on Gardenista.
- Get ready for colder weather with this guide to cleaning your chimney.
- Last but not least: Enter to win our new book, Remodelista: The Organized Home, plus one of our favorite storage tools, an all-purpose tray from Falcon Enamelware. Enter now; details here.
Recently in Obsessions: