This week we launched a brand-new site, The Organized Home, with daily dispatches on smart, thoughtful storage ideas for all over the house. And our new book, Remodelista: The Organized Home, officially comes out in a few days (but is available now at Amazon). We’re celebrating with book events in New York and Connecticut on Monday and Tuesday. Here’s where to find us:
- Join us on Monday from 6 to 8 p.m. at Jenni Kayne Tribeca for drinks and light fare to celebrate our book launch and their first NYC boutique. Bonus points: The first 50 guests will receive a complimentary signed copy of Remodelista: The Organized Home. Please RSVP to [email protected]
- On Tuesday, also from 6 to 8 p.m., we’ll be toasting the book with festive cocktails and conversation at Terrain, in Westport, Connecticut. Hope to see you there. (Read more here.)
Here’s what else we’re up to.
- Our go-to holiday and hostess gift this year: a new apple butter by Jessica Koslow (of Sqirl in LA), exclusively for March.
- New Yorkers: On Wednesday, November 15, join Apiece Apart and Bodha for the launch of their limited-edition fragrance, including conversation on “the art of personal ritual” and tea from Leaves & Flowers. More info here.
- Stacey let us know about a new brick-and-mortar shop by Lizzie Fortunato and Fortune Finds, with hand-loomed Portuguese rugs, candlesticks, and more. It’s on East Seventh Street in New York; more info here.
- New in: Pantone’s first-ever lighting collection, bold colors included.
- Good news for Californians: Best Made Co. is launching its first West Coast outpost in LA this weekend. In the area? Join them today for a welcome reception from 12 to 2 p.m., followed by workshops.
- If you’re in the Berkeley area on Thursday, stop by Erica Tanov for a reception with artist Lisa Ostapinski, whose encaustic paintings incorporate Tanov’s textiles. It’s 6 to 8 p.m. at 1827 Fourth St., Berkeley.
- A recent on-the-market discovery: a 1694 house in Georgetown, Massachusettes.
- Now trending: a look inside Lucile Demory’s offbeat yet refined rental loft in Paris.
- Prepping the gardens for winter? See November To-Dos: 9 Ways to Winterize Patios (and Other Outdoor Rooms) on Gardenista.
Recently in Obsessions: