Here’s a look at our latest inspirations, haunts and gatherings from this week.
Above: If you’re in or around Philadelphia today, join us at Terrain at Styer’s in celebration of our new book, Gardenista: The Definitive Guide to Stylish Outdoor Spaces. We’ll be hosting a cocktail party and will lead DIY holiday workshops today from 6 pm to 9 pm.
- And while you’re in the Philly area: stop by the exhibit Design Currents: Oki Sato, Faye Toogood, Zanini de Zanine now open at the Philadelphia Museum of Art.
- This design studio’s brick and mortar is “anchored in a reverence for quiet, pristine simplicity.”
Above: Renovations abound in the latest issue of Gray Magazine, including this 1960s colonial home in Portland in which homeowner Britney Renner combined custom woodworking, metal finishes and moody, dark paints. In the kitchen, Renner chose brass shelving to complement the cabinets painted in Farrow & Ball Lamp Room Grey and Black Blue. Photo by George Barberis courtesy of Gray Magazine.
- We’re thrilled to have our new book selected to Amazon’s annual editors best list––and in such great company.
- In NYC, a terra cotta facade bridges historic surroundings and modern technology.
Above: We recently dropped by Regular Visitors, a just-opened combination newsstand/coffee counter/housewares boutique in Boerum Hill, Brooklyn. Conceptualized by our friends at Aesthetic Movement and Izola, Regular Visitors offers “an alternative to the corporate anchors of today’s urban high streets.” Photograph courtesy of Regular Visitors.
- An intimate look at last house built by legendary Mexican architect Luis Barragán.
- Why living less can actually mean more.
- Stealing ideas from these Thanksgiving tablescapes.
- On the market: the lakefront Tennesse property once owned by Johnny Cash.
Above: Annie is considering a Thanksgiving Eve drink at Haley Henry, a tiny, dimly lit new wine bar in Boston.
- Kitchen goals? Here’s a backsplash remix roundup.
- Mark your calendars: The Remodelista Markets are near.
For more inspiration and design news visit our recent posts:
- The High/Low Holiday Table: 11 Ideas to Steal from Hudson Valley
- Current Obsessions: Design Notes
- Steal This Look: A Rustic Farmhouse Living Room in Upstate New York