We’re wrapping up the week with a look at what’s on our radar right now:
- For NYC Design Week, Dublin-based designers Makers & Brothers, are hosting a “workshop exploring the making of a modest spoon” in a shed at the corner of Bowery and East 5th Street; on now through May 20th. New to Makers & Brothers? Check out Christine’s post, Makers & Brothers in Dublin.
- A prefab modular house in Chicago with LEED platinum certification.
- Meredith just preordered her copy of Joy the Baker’s new book, Homemade Decadence.
- 10 rooms anchored by statement rugs.
- LA’s Campanile has deftly morphed into Republique, a restaurant housed in Charlie Chaplin’s 1929 Hollywood Gothic folly.
- If you’re in Brooklyn, stop by the Coral & Tusk and Friends Spring Extravaganza at 109 South 5th Street. Coral & Tusk corralled some of our favorite local workshops, including Michele Quan (whose stoneware dagger and other pieces are shown above on the right); open through May 31.
- Life on a modern houseboat.
- Looking to throw a backyard or patio party?
- DIY cork board wall (easier than you think).