Here’s a look at what’s on our radar this week.
- Join us at Field + Supply, a modern makers craft fair, in a field in High Falls, New York, next Saturday and Sunday. Our NY team will be there signing copies of the Remodelista book (and doing a bit of shopping).
- According to his designer, actor Michael C. Hall has “the coolest tchotchkes of any client.” Check out his newly renovated Spanish-style house in LA; photograph courtesy of Lonny.
- How to fit dozens of shoes and a rack full of clothing into the tiniest closet.
- Most houses use a 120-volt system, but a house on an island in Maine is powered by just 12 volts.
- We have Sunday brunch figured out: homemade granola and macadamia milk with sliced pears.
- Coffee table alert: One of our favorite design houses, Casamidy, has a new book coming out from Rizzoli.
- The iconic house from Gone with the Wind is getting a second life thanks to a Civil War historian.
- A one-room family house in Taiwan is full of clever ideas.
- Looking for the perfect leather chair?
- Attention aspiring stylists: Here’s a list of the tools of the trade.
- A new photo essay series, “One of Many,” chronicles the creative communities in 12 cities. Take a look at their second installment: Denver.
- Not your typical brass hook.
- We love keeping up with Hannah Ferrara, founder of Portland, Oregon, jewelry studio Another Feather, on Instagram (@anotherfeather); a snapshot from a recent visit to The Line is pictured above. For tablescape inspiration, we’re looking at Ginny Branch Sterling’s tabletop board on Pinterest.
Have a look at our week of Belgian design and Gardenista’s Garden Ideas to Steal from Belgium.
Have a Question or Comment About This Post?Join the conversation