What are the Remodelista editors eyeing, this first weekend of June? Read on.
- Now open: Submit your project to the Remodelista Considered Design Awards, open to amateurs, professionals, homeowners, renters, architects, DIYers, interior designers, contractors, and weekend project tacklers. Read more here, then enter. (Have a garden or organization project to submit? See all the categories on Remodelista, Gardenista, and The Organized Home.)
- Elsie Green, the purveyor of vintage French finds, is opening a new brick-and-mortar location in northern California wine country; drop by next Saturday, when it opens. More info here (and see also Elsie Green’s Guide to Paris).
- And now open in New York: an apartment/showroom in SoHo by Danish brand Menu.
- Our remodeling giveaway with Fireclay Tile closed on Thursday, but we’re still poring over your answers to what you’d remodel if you won. A few of our favorites: “My house is 115 years old and could use at least a new tiled floor,” one of you said. Another: “My house was built in 1890. My last kitchen upgrade was 1940/1950. I still have the original milk glass on the kitchen wall, which is a testament to the durability of tile.” (See all of the answers here.)
- Annie recently pinned these ceramic bowls modeled after fruits, perfect for summer produce. (She particularly likes the citrus bowl.)
- The new Portugal.
- How not to recycle: a guide.
- A new class of utilitarian (and good-looking) trash cans.
- Time-saving tricks for the garden.
- Eating outside? Pair design-worthy tableware with the perfect picnic basket.
- A few tickets are still available to Sobremesa, Sunday Suppers’ new dinner series held all over the world, from Portland, Oregon, to Puglia. (Can’t make it in person? Follow along on Instagram.)
- And, Alexa is embarking on a six-month trip around Europe. First stop: London. Have a recommendation? Let her know in the comments.
Recently in Obsessions:
- Current Obsessions: Into Summer
- Current Obsessions: Royal Wedding
- Current Obsessions: Weekend Getaways