This weekend we’re waking up early and tuning into the royal wedding. Consider this your viewing guide, design edition—plus a few highlights of NYCxDesign, ICFF, Clerkenwell Design Week, and more, going on now.
First, all of the design details for the royal wedding:
- The cake (courtesy of an American baker in London).
- The flowers, with “wild and loose” peonies and foxgloves, plus wildflowers and cuttings from the Royal Parks.
- The traditional little flower likely to make it into the bouquet.
- And, revisiting tips for royal wedding flowers.
- The night-before hotels, for Harry and Meghan.
- And rumor has it, the tables will be set with simple bowls. (See our recent post on the trend here.)
In other news:
- We’re stopping into “Sitting Still,” a celebration of the simple chair by Brad Ford and The Hudson Company, on view at 5 E. 20th St. in Manhattan through May 24.
- And looking forward to “Designing Women II: Masters, Mavericks & Mavens,” an all-women exhibit from Egg Collective, plus the Female Design Council and Kinder Modern, now through June 1 at 304 Hudson St., room 307, in New York.
- Also as part of NYCxDesign, Muji celebrates 10 years in the US with “Muji Materials Garden,” an immersive landscape installation by Brooklyn-based designers Ladies & Gentlemen Studio, at 434 Broadway in SoHo today through May 29.
- And Alexa and Annie are stopping into ICFF next week. On their list: new collections from Ferm Living (stand 733) and TRNK (stand 463).
- New from deVol: The Haberdasher’s Kitchen, launching at Clerkenwell Design Week, also going on this week.
- Annie just discovered Handcrafted Maine, with photographs by Greta Rybus (whose work we’ve featured here, here, and here.)
- You’ll soon be able to shop from small artisans and makers on Instagram.
- Admiring the wood Michael Verheyden collection, crafted in Belgium, available via March.
- New from Block Shop: geometric woven rugs.
- 10 things to do in the garden in May (besides sitting and relaxing). And railings for a better view.
- Finally: how to store a wedding gown.
Recently in Obsessions:
- Current Obsessions: Weekend Getaways
- Current Obsessions: The Gallerist
- Current Obsessions: Weekend Reading