From a Lautner home in Malibu to an elevated twist on wall covering, here is what we’ve been inspired by this week.
Above: We’ve been eyeing AVO’s hand-dyed leather tiles; seen here: Slanted Hill leather tile in the Greystone Mansion in Beverly Hills. Photograph courtesy of SDK Photo & Design.
- Destination: Marrakech.
- An interior designer’s Brooklyn apartment that offers a source of happiness.
- 5 things minimalists always do.
Above: We recently toured Frank Lloyd Wright’s Bachman-Wilson House at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art in Bentonville, Arkansas. An example of Wright’s classic Usonian architecture, the house was originally built for Gloria and Abraham Wilson in 1956 along the Millstone River in New Jersey. Photograph by Stacey Lindsay.
- This newly opened homewares store is on our New South Wales list.
- Now you can rent Julia Child’s French cottage.
- A revitalized John Lautner house in Malibu.
- A London fashion designer’s bohemian 19th-century home.
- One of our favorite bedding purveyors has opened up shop on Abbot Kinney.
- Over on Gardenista: A Garden Terrace in South Boston.
Our Latest Instagram Obsession
Above: Need summer travel inspiration? Trotter’s curated guides and daily posts will spark your inner wanderlust (@trottermag).
For more Remodelista, visit our latest issue Conversion Theory.