From a Thai resto to a denim design duo’s LA abode, here is what we’ve been inspired by this week.
Above: Recently described by the Guardian as “a tiny brutalist jewel,” Antsy Plum is a house of midcentury British design tucked in England’s Wiltshire valley. We admire how architects Sandra Coppin and Bev Dockray of Coppin Dockray repaired and restored the space to its fullest potential. Photo by Brotherton-Lock courtesy of Coppin Dockray.
- A creative’s studio nestled among nature.
- This year’s Pritzker Prize winner discusses the power of simple design.
- A memorable trip to Galerie Half.
Above: Our friends at Canvas Home are hosting an Instagram contest through August 5th. Post a photo of your Canvas goods, tag the brand and include #canvasyourhome for the chance to win a $250 gift card.
- NY readers: Mecox is hosting a Madeline Weinrib pop-up in its East Hampton store, now through July 31st.
- Tour the LA home of one of denim’s hippest couples.
Above: We’re like how creative firm party/space/design incorporated mixed media in the design for Rest & Roll, a coffee/resto located in Chachengsao, Thailand. Photo courtesy of party/space/design.
Our Latest Instagram Obsession
Above: From the Cyclades to the shores of Portugal to Italy’s Lake Garden, travel and vacation rental site Welcome Beyond handpicks some of the world’s most unique B&Bs, villas, boutique hotels, beach houses and vacation rentals, which is why we pore over its feed (@welcomebeyond).
For more Remodelista, visit our more recent issue: Beach House.