With Valentine’s Day approaching, we’re dedicating next week to romance with our Love in the Afternoon issue. Romance through a Remodelista lens means soaking tubs for two, romantic hotels, (ungirly) pink palettes, and lighting with a softer glow. Here are snippets of what we’ve been intrigued by around the web this week, including a few DIY valentines we’re planning to make:
- Is this the world’s most minimalist hair salon? Vine Hair Salon in Kobe, Japan via Yatzer.
- Gearing up for V Day, Margot is reading Love Illuminated, a new book by friend and editor of the NY Times’ Modern Love column, Dan Jones, in which he explores “life’s most mystifying subject (with the help of 50,000 strangers).”
- Admiring this list of romantic Southern travel destinations via Southern Living.
- Sarah recently spotted this lofty idea for a Valentine’s Day DIY project via Tikkido.
- Paying attention to Country Living’s post detailing seven ways we could be ruining our wood floors.
- Having finally received some rain here in arid California, Sarah is coveting this Scottish-made charcoal poncho (good for riding a bike in the rain).
- Margot is beating a path through the snow in New York to attend this weekend’s Dosa sample sale in Soho featuring the Traveler 2013 collection, shown here, as well as past season bargain boxes. (At Remodelista’s New York Holiday Market, a woman confided that she considered canceling a trip to Paris to be at a Dosa sale.) This one is Saturday 11-5 and Sunday 11-3 at 628 Broadway, suite 302.
- Impressed by all 20 of these dramatic before and after kitchen remodels in Sunset Magazine.
For more, head to our most recent posts.