This weekend we’re turning our attention from European romance to brighter interiors for our pre–Spring Clean week. But first, one more foray into old Europe, with a look at a cinematic villa for sale, traditional basketmaking workshops in Ireland, and more.
- Missed Stockholm Design Week? Here are the highlights.
- This week in LA: Christina Odegard’s jewelry designs for Matin will be on offer at the Dosa warehouse sale at 850 S. Broadway, Sixth Floor, Friday, February 23, 10–6, and Saturday, February 24, 10–4.
- Julie is reading up on the art of basketmaking (and where to learn the craft).
- Margot alerted us to The Wood House, a new online journal on modernist architecture from our friend Carla Maher of popular Instagram feed @the_wood_house. (And take a look at her house in A Midcentury Work in Progress.)
- A stylist’s smart trick to try out at home. (Hint: You probably have this in your kitchen cabinet.)
- On sale this week: Tickets for the Architecture & Design Film Festival, coming next month to LA.
- The next shoppable apartment? This furniture company lets you try out their wares in select Airbnbs.
- Do this in February to get the garden ready for spring.
- A brief history of one of our favorite colorways.
- And where to go in Berlin.
- Six storage ideas from an unexpected source: a newly opened picklery in London.
- We’re taking a poll: luxe clawfoot bath or practical built-in tub? Let us know (and read up on the pros and cons here).
- And, finally, the flower guide we’ve been looking for: Meredith picked up some foolproof tips for artful arrangements.
Recently in Obsessions: