Last week, we had a look at contemporary Chinese design in celebration of the New Year and found ourselves overflowing with ideas. Here are some of those add-on design finds from China, plus a look ahead at compact and sustainable spaces for our next issue on Small-Space Living.
- All week we kept returning to this project by Xiaodong Li, The School Bridge in Fujian, China, which includes a bridge, schoolhouse, playground, and performance stage.
- A guide to taking risks with paint from Pop Sugar Home.
- This week we discovered an excellent source for modern Chinese design: Bund Shop, an online platform for over 50 designers from mainland and Greater China.
- Reading a short history of the Vermont stoneware company, Bennington Potters, and their trademark splatter-glazed ceramics on Country Living.
- And after we declutter our closets we might consider filling them up a bit with some items from Toast’s spring collection.
- Christine has been watching this inspiring how-to video on hanging a picture frame wall seen on Est Magazine.
- Admiring the genius small space storage in an adjustable apartment designed for a DJ by Spanish firm, Elii, via Curbed National.
- Those of us in colder climates are dreaming of warm places, like Sí£o Paulo, Brazil, where Terra e Tuma Arquitetos designed Casa Maracana, admired on Architizer.
For more interiors inspiration, head to our most recent posts.