How does your garden grow? Learn about an under-the-kitchen-counter mini greenhouse, DIY cinderblock planters, horticultural tips from Frida Kahlo, and more this week on Gardenista.
- Small Garden Design: Japanese Serenity on Russian Hill in San Francisco. And for more planter ideas, see DIY: 10 Genius Garden Hacks with Concrete Blocks.
- 10 Easy Pieces: The Acupulco Chair (this one is by Danish designers House Doctor).
- Calling all London readers: a Gardenista Pop-Up Market Takes Place at GROW London June 19 to 21.
- 10 Garden Ideas to Steal from Frida Kahlo, including letting art influence life.
- Glass House Landscape: A “Permanent Camping Trip” for Architect Philip Johnson–a companion post to our 14 Lessons in Minimalism from the Glass House.