Now that it’s officially summer, we’re heading to the waterfront. Join us this week as we hang out in hammocks and celebrate all things nautical.
- Izabella shows us around Oaxen Slip, a remarkable new Stockholm bistro and Michelin-starred dining room in a rebuilt boatyard–it’s today’s Restaurant Visit.
- Did you know that the British Royal Navy once slept aboard ship in cocoon-like hammocks that rocked with the waves? This week’s Object Lesson by Megan Wilson is the nautical hammock.
- A group of NYC creatives (including the duo behind Fredericks & Mae) spend summer weekends on a houseboat docked a subway ride away. It’s Wednesday’s Rehab Diary.
- In Thursday’s House Call, Julie presents a well-accessorized beach house available for rent in Cornwall, England.
- Artist Cassandra Wilson applies a new twist to the classic sailor’s monkey knot; read about her designs in Margot’s Friday Nautical Accessories post.
- Christine’s Weekend Spotlight is a boathouse in Oregon, artfully converted into living quarters, standing seam metal roof included.