This week we’re embracing summer ease, and allowing the lines to blur between day and night, work and play, indoors and out. Join us in celebrating the start of lush living.
- The ultimate indoor/outdoor space? In today’s Architect Visit, watch for this Charleston, South Carolina, design later today, plus its pool pavilion (with outdoor shower) is Tuesday’s Steal This Look.
- Our summer hangout of choice? There’s no place nicer than a breezy porch–and in today’s Lighting post, we’re spotlighting our porch light of choice.
- If you can’t stand the heat, cook outside. Tuesday’s 10 Easy Pieces is devoted to serious and well-designed outdoor kitchens. (Looking for a bit less of a commitment? For the Best Barbecue Grills and Portable Grills, see Gardenista’s picks.)
- Discovered by Julie on a recent trip to LA: the perfect linen napkins for summer. Read about Heather Taylor’s designs (not too fancy but luxurious nonetheless) in Wednesday’s Tabletop post.
- It’s no secret that we’re partial to white walls, but which shades of white are ideal for porches and exteriors? In today’s Palette & Paints post, Meredith, our resident paint expert, presents architects’ exterior white paint picks.
- Meet an alternative to the bike basket: clever totes and laptop bags made from recycled sails–Friday’s Bicycles post.
- Custom millwork and cantilevered stairs will be among the topics of discussion in this weekend’s Architect Is In, featuring a newly transformed 1817 Greenwich Village townhouse by Matiz Architecture and Design. The architects will be on standby to answer your questions.