News of a just-launched lighting and hardware line, handmade in Los Angeles, recently landed in our inbox. Preston Alba, the studio coordinator at Commune, one of our favorite design studios, wrote to tell us of his new venture.
“Lakes is an ongoing project, beginning with this small initial release [of lighting and hardware], with objects and furniture currently in development,” he tells us. “Everything is designed in-house and produced here in Los Angeles via a network of incredible artisans and manufacturers.”
It’s, indeed, a small collection—just six items in all—but it’s good. “These first products are intentionally quite simple and primitive, and new releases will work their way to the more complex and modern,” he explains.
Here’s a peek.
Photography courtesy of Lakes.
For some of our favorite Commune projects, see:
- Kitchen of the Week: French Mid-Century Style in Santa Monica
- 7 Ideas to Steal from the Manufactory in SF by Commune Design
- Kitchen of the Week: Irene Neuwirth’s Glamorous LA Kitchen by Commune
For more lighting inspiration, see:
- Studio Visit: Ceramic Statement Lighting by Dumais Made
- High/Low: Artisanal Porcelain Pendant Light
- Summer Lights: Playful Rattan Lamps, Sconces, and Pendants by Soane Britain
Have a Question or Comment About This Post?Join the conversation