How to make a trashcan deodorizer:
- 20 drops Rosemary Essential Oil
- 8 drops Grapefruit Essential Oil
- 4 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
Add to a small glass bottle and shake well.
N.B.: Take care before using essential oils, and always test in a small, discrete area before applying to skin, fabric, or furniture. “Essential oils are the most potent form of plant medicine and must be respected and handled with care. Some essential oils may have contraindications for use when pregnant or for people with health conditions or skin sensitivities,” De La Fuente says. Consider consulting your physician (and your vet) before using.
Check out our other DIYs with essential oils:
- DIY Essential Oils in the Home: Make an All-Purpose Cleaner
- DIY Essential Oils in the Home: Lavender Linen Freshener Spray
- DIY Essential Oils in the Home: All-Natural Insect Repellent
N.B. This post has been updated; the original story ran on May 26, 2017.
You need to login or register to view and manage your bookmarks.
Have a Question or Comment About This Post?Join the conversation